Think Tank Symposium
The first ever Prematurity Think Tank Meeting was held April 20-21, 2016 at the Washington University School of Medicine campus. This event was designed to foster new collaboration by bringing together outside investigators as an expert panel to conceptualize, deliberate, and analyze the transdisciplinary approach to preterm birth research performed at the PRC. With diverse research backgrounds, the expert panel included:
- Jerome Strauss, MD, PhD, Dean of the School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Xingde Li, PhD, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- Marcus Raichle, MD, Professor of Radiology, Washington University
- Till Roenneberg, PhD, Professor of Circadian Biology, Ludwig-Maximilian University
The symposium included a lecture series, breakout sessions, and group discussions on current and future PRC projects.
2018 Think Tank
Our second Prematurity Think Tank Meeting was held May 23-24, 2018, in the Eric P. Newman Education Center at Washington University School of Medicine. We invited several investigators to speak on their work and discuss new approaches to our current themes’ research, including:
- Anita Mahadevan-Jansen, PhD, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University
- Amanda Lewis, PhD, Assistant Professor of Molecular Microbiology and Obstetrics & Gynecology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Lori Holtz, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Washington University in St. Louis
- Ge Zhang, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Human Genetics, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Charu Ramanathan, PhD, co-founder and CEO of vitalxchange
- Molly Stout, MD, MSCI, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Joan Luby, MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Washington University in St. Louis
The poster session was open to anyone doing research related to preterm birth and allowed trainees, students, and staff the opportunity to learn from each other and share their work with the speakers and other attendees of the event.
We hope to hold our third Think Tank Symposium in Spring 2021!